Thursday, May 3, 2007

Avril Lavigne: I Won't Be Like Britney


Avril Lavigne says she loves to hit the town, but that "none of what's happened to Britney will ever happen to me." Lavigne, 22, tells the UK's Mail on Sunday of the recently rehabbed Spears: "What happened to Britney is all down to who she is as a person. If you want a piece of this business you have to be able to deal with it. "You can't complain about the pressures, the paparazzi, the madness. Because that is the job. I've always understood that's the deal." Lavigne, who wed Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley in July 2006, says she's no wallflower – she just keeps a low profile. "I love to go out to clubs, get drunk and party. I drink dirty martinis, red wine, limoncellos and go to places like Hyde, get up on the tables and let totally loose. But no one really gets to know about it. It's just me and my friends and whoever is in the clubs." She adds: "My friends and I all drink like crazy but none of us do drugs because you just get into trouble. If you get drunk you have a hangover and you have to deal with it. If you do drugs it messes with your head." Lavigne isn't unhealthy all the time, though. She's a vegetarian who often sticks to a macrobiotic diet. The singer, who appeared in the film Fast Food Nation, says eating that way "makes me feel completely healthy. When I tour, I stuff fridges full of organic food and stick to that." It's not the diet that's led to her new sexy image, though. "I guess I just feel more comfortable now," says the woman who as a teen pop star often appeared onstage in baggy, androgynous outfits. "I'm 22, so I'm all grown-up. It feels natural for me to be like this now. I'm very comfortable with how I look. I always have been. I think I look pretty good. There's nothing I want to change. I'm pretty happy with what I've got."

Virtuagirl HD Girls